The Steinwarder was a 3 mast barque of 320 tons. Build 1848 J.C. Godeffrey & Son, Reiherstieg, J.C. Godeffroy & Son, Hamburg. Left Hamburg on the 16th July 1854 with 171 emigrants. She was skippered by Captain H.E. Arens. Arrived Port Adelaide on the 5th November 1854.
PASSENGERS ON THE 'STEINWARDER'
1. ALBRECHT: Franz Julius C, joiner, wife Auguste of Gotha, Saxony.
2. ALLERT: Jacob, merchant of Danzig.
3. BIACH: Andreas, landman of Gröditz, Saxony.
4. BLÜMNER: Albert tailor of Staffeld.
5. BRESANG: Johann (8) of Salzenforst, Saxony.
6. BRUHL: Johann Georg, tailor of Bautzen, Saxony.
7. BUNGE: Heinrich, wheelwright, wife Caroline of Bodenteich, Hanover.
8. DOECKE: Anna of Buchwalde, Saxony.
9. DOECKE: Michale (27), miller of Neckern, Saxony.
10. ELLINGHAUSEN: Johann Friedrich (34), shoemaker of Bremen.
11. FLECK: Leopold, baker, wife and three children (baby - 5) of Crossen.
12. FRAHM: Carl, miller, wife and three children (baby - 8) of Quitzöbel.
13. FREUND: Andreas (49), tailor, family of five (8 - 45) of Rackel, Saxony.
14. GÖRSCH/GERSCH: Johann (37), joiner, Hertha, nee KUBITZ (36), three children (baby - 6) of Buchwalde, Saxony.
15. GUTHE/GUTTE: Johann Carl (28), landman, Maria Elisabeth, nee SCHNEIDER, Johanne Ernestine (baby) of Lessen.
16. HAHN: Christian, landman, wife Dorothea of Crossen.
17. HEINCKE: Johann, mason of Obergurig, Saxony.
18. HEISCHKE: Agnes of Rackel, Saxony.
19. HELLBERG?HILLBIG: George Carl H., tailor, wife Catharina of Altona, Holstein.
20. HENNERSDORF: Peter (35), landman of Rackel, Saxony.
21. HENNIG: Ferdinand of Ortrandt.
22. HOFF: Johann, miller, wife and four children (21 - 27) of Quitzöbel.
23. JENKE: Johann (31), landman, Maria formerly MIERSCH, nee KLEINIG (34), Johann Hermann (baby) of Rackel, Saxony.
24. JENKE, Johann (58), Magdalene, nee KUBASCH (died at sea), of Rackel, Saxony.
25. KARSTEN: Heinrich Johann, workman, wife and four children (baby - 14) of Büchen, Lauenburg.
26. KELLER: Johann, tailer of Vils, Tyrol.
27. KLEINIG: Georg (46), landman, Magdalena, nee HUEBNER (23) of Kortnitz, Saxony.
28. KLEINIG: Johann (32), landman, Magdalena, nee WENKE (33) of Kortnitz, Saxony.
29. KÖHLER: Claus Friedrich, landman of Kiel, Holstein.
30. KÖHNE: Johann Frierich August, shoemaker, wife, son (8) of Bremen.
31. KORT: Friedrich, landman of Wilsnack.
32. LANGE: Gottfried, landman, Elisabeth, nee SCHACHE, and three children (5 - 20) of Lippen.
33. LAUBE: Friedrich, landman, wife and five children (4 - 17) of Lippen.
34. LEICHT: Wilhelm, tailor, wife, Otto (8) of Clausthal, Hanover.
35. MANGELSDORFF: Johann christian, landman, wife and three children (8 - 14) of Bölstorf.
36. MICKEL: Andreas, landman, wife and three children (baby - 7) of Purschwitz, Saxony.
37. MOSEL: Carl, landman of Vaderhagen, Mecklenburg.
38. NIMZ/NIEMZ: Anna, nee KLEINIG, Johann Friedrich (7) of Gelbeltzig.
email address firstname.lastname@example.org for Niemz, Kleinig, Lange and Roehr names.
39. NOACK: Anna Maria of Oelsa, Saxony.
40. PETERSEN: Heinrich, joiner, wife and three children (baby - 6) of Celle, Hanover.
41. PÜTSCH/PIETSCH: Johann Joachim, landman, wife and two children (11 & 14) of Tangermünde.
42. PÜTSCH/PIETSCH: Christian (42), brewer of Buch.
43. REINCKE: Friederich Adolph, joiner, wife Dorothea of Celle, Hanover.
44. REUMANN: Hans Hinrich, landman of Ellerbeck, Holstein.
45. RUMPS: Jacob, basketmaker, wife and four children (3 - 13) of Lauenburg.
46. SCHMIDT: Andreas (37), landman, wife Maria, ne NOACK (16?), htree children (baby - 7) of Kortnitz, Saxony.
47. SCHMIDT: Carl, landman of Berlin
48. SCHNEIDER: Gottfried, landman, Anna Elisabeth, Anna Rosine, August of Lessen.
49. SCHNEIDER: Andreas (3) of Drahsa, Saxony.
50. SCHUMACHER: Peter, shoemaker of Hohenfeld, Holstein.
51. SCHULTZ: Johann Joachim, carpenter, wife, five children (baby - 7) of Tangermünde.
52. SCHULTZ: Friedrich August, joiner, wife Gertrude of Salenforst, Saxony.
53. SIEWERT: Wilhelm, landman of Schwendt.
54. STEPHAN: Georg (55), mason, Anna (52) Magdalena (25) of Nascha, Saxony.
55. STEPHAN: Maria, daughter Maria (3) of Soculahora, Saxony.
56. WIEGAND: Alexander, tanner of Insterburg.
57. WEIGAND: Carl, tanner of Insterbury.
58. WIESENER: Friedrich, mason, wife, son (7) of Ortrrandt.
59. WILKSCH: Johann Friedrich, workman, wife, daughter (baby) of Quitzöbel.
60. ZOBEL: Johann Gottlieb, shepherd, wife, five childen (baby - 7) of Semmelwitz, Silesia.
61. ZSCHECH: Johann (52), landman, Anna, nee NERETIG (43), five children (2 - 18) of Rackel, Saxony.
62. ZSCHECH: Peter, landman of Nackel, Saxony.
63. ZSCHECH: Andreas, landman, Maria Magdalena, nee STARICK of Rascha, Saxony.
64. ZWAR: Peter (30) carpenter, Magdalena, nee PETZOLD (28) born Nechern of Drehsa, Saxony.
THE REGISTER - Sunday November 6th, 1854.
The Steinwarder, barque from Hamburg, arrived yesterday at the Lightship ancorage, bringing 171 emigrants, principally German, many of who arrive in a most sickly state. During the voyage 7 deaths and 1 birth have occured, viz, died 3 women, 4 children.